Freshie Friday is Finally Here - 5:43am, 1/30/2015
We woke up to a fresh blanket of snow this morning. That always makes for a great day. Come ride in fresh powder today.
Morning Stats are:
Surface Conditions: Machine Groomed, Packed Powder, Powder
Base depth: 8-24″
Feature Count: 58 total
Take advantage of the wide open slopes before the weekend.
Purchase ahead of time to ensure your spot on the slopes.
Always check the Snow Report before you leave for current snow and road conditions.
5 am Friday Freshie Alert! - 5:09am, 1/30/2015
Friends don’t let friends miss freshies- especially on Fridays! That’s why you get this very quick post to let you know as of 5 am we have between 1-2 inches of fresh snow on the summit with the forecast calling for a chance of 3-4 more throughout the day. Get rolling!
The Calm Before the Storm - 4:56pm, 1/29/2015
We are expecting a storm to roll in for the weekend and it just started to flurry up top. Let’s all “think snow”. We already have the best conditions in SoCal this will only make it better.
Plan ahead for the weekend and purchase your tickets today. If you purchase at least 48 hours in advance you can save money. Call 909-866-5766 or on our website by clicking the “buy tickets now” button at the bottom of the page. Some restrictions apply.
If you have never tried skiing or snowboarding here are some tips to make your first time a little smoother:
– Gather your things the night before: Rushing in the morning to head for the mountains can be disastrous when you have to get to the Ski & Snowboard School. In a hurry, you might forget some things at home, so make a list and check it off as you pack the night before.
– Get plenty of rest the night before: Even though the lesson is on the next day, you’ll get the most out of your lesson by preparing the night before.
– Eat breakfast: You’ve heard the saying, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” well get here early and swing by the Summit Inn.
– Dress appropriately for weather: It’s better to have more clothes than you need. That way, you can peel off the layers as it gets warmer. You’ll want an outer layer that is water resistant.
– Make sure the equipment is sized and fitted properly: When renting equipment, our rental staff are trained to provide the proper gear with the proper size and adjustment. You can even pick up your rentals the night before so on lesson day you have one less thing to do before your lesson.
Always check our activities report for current information on road conditions and snowfall.
Summit Vitals - 6:12am, 1/29/2015
The X Games excitement is still in the air, the dust hasn’t even settled and another competition (we’re not talking about football) is on the way this weekend. Volcom’s Peanut Butter and Rail Jam (PBRJ) Tour will be at our sister resort Bear Mountain on Saturday the 31st. That same excitement and enthusiasm rolls right into PBRJ so if you’re itching to hit some jibs, hips, or get launched off a kicker, we’ve got you covered on Westridge. Chair #2 will take you straight to the top where you’ll find features for all levels.
Morning Stats for Thursday the 29th
Surface conditions: machine groomed soft pack
Base depth: 8-24″
Coverage is good to very good on all open runs.
There is Still Time to Get in Some Mid-week Riding - 5:15pm, 1/28/2015
Our base depth is 8-24″. We have 58 total features and wide open mid-week runs. Tomorrow the chairs start spinning at 8:30. Will you be on first chair?
For your complete conditions and operating times:
Thanks for spending Westridge Wednesday with us.